Ayurveda: From Theory to Daily Practice
What you need to know
THIS TRAINING IS BOTH FOR YOGA TEACHERS AND FOR ANYONE WANTING TO INCORPORATE AYURVEDA INTO THEIR DAILY LIVES.
Come explore Ayurveda, its history and philosophy as well as its fascinating principles through the 5 elements, the cycles of life, and the 3 doshas.
You will learn how to assess your own birth constitution as well as your imbalances. You will start to integrate balance through food, learning the best diet for your constitution. In addition, you will practice other therapies like dinacharya, pranayama, asanas, and meditation, which form part of a daily routine.
- History and Philosophy of Ayurveda
- Anatomy, Physiology and Principles of Ayurveda
- Exploring your Prakriti and your Vikriti
- Food as therapy and the cycles of life
- The 6 tastes and a diet for each season
- Agni: how to keep your digestive fire strong
- The 10 best herbs for you
- Dinacharya and optimal health
- Pranayama and the 5 sub-doshas of Vata
- Asanas and teaching a Vata reducing practise
- Basic Pulse Reading
- Ojas and Rasayana: herbs and other therapies
- Seasonal cleanse and Panchakarma
This program is a module of the Semperviva Yoga AYTT program that leads to 500-hour certification.
For 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified teachers the course is eligible for 30 hours CEU with Yoga Alliance. Continuing Education Units are required to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
|Dates||April 16-20 and October 1-5 2018|
|Daily Schedule||Monday to Friday: 11:00am- 4:00pm|
|Total Hours||30 - including 5 hours of self study/practice time|
|Location||Semperviva Sea Studio, Vancouver|
|Cost||$695.00 CAD plus GST|